Should you get a Programmable Thermostat in your Home
Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
Programmable thermostats have become quite popular over the past 20 years or so. Homeowners across the country have been discovering all the benefits they offer. Are you primarily interested in improving your family’s comfort? Or are you looking for ways to save on your energy bill? Either way, there are several reasons why installing a programmable thermostat can benefit you.
6 Benefits of Installing a Programmable Thermostat
- Monthly Savings. Programmable thermostats can save you a lot of money over time. Consider this – if you increase your home’s temperature by 1 degree in the summer or decrease it by 1 degree the winter, your energy bill can go down by as much as 2% each month. But, if you’re able to leverage your programmable thermostat and lower or raise the temperature by more than 1 degree when you’re at work, while you’re away on vacation, or even while you’re sleeping, you can save much more.
- Improve Energy Efficiency. Programmable thermostats can also increase your home’s overall energy efficiency, which is not only good for your budget, but it’s good for the environment too.
- Extend System Lifespan. Programmable thermostats help heating and cooling systems; (both old and new systems) run more efficiently, which can extend their lifespan.
- Keep Temperatures Consistent. Programmable thermostats also do a much better job of maintaining consistent temperatures than manual thermostats. Your thermostat will determine when to activate the air conditioner or heater to keep temperatures exactly where you want them. You’ll never have to worry about waking up to a freezing house or coming home from work and walking into a sauna.
- Manage Climate Zones. If your home has multiple climate zones, a programmable thermostat is the best way to control temperatures throughout your entire house.
- Access the Latest Technology – Modern programmable thermostats are much more advanced than the thermostats that came out even a few years ago. These days, many programmable thermostats give you the option of managing your system through a smartphone app and some models also have the ability to alert you to an HVAC malfunction.
Contact Maxwell Heating & Cooling Today!
Here at Maxwell Heating & Cooling, we strongly feel that the majority of homeowners can benefit from installing a programmable thermostat. They will keep your system running properly, for longer, and they’ll save you money on your utility bills. Contact your friends at Maxwell Heating & Cooling today to learn which programmable thermostat we recommend for your home.