The Many Benefits of HVAC Maintenance
Here at Maxwell Heating & Cooling, we always recommend our clients adhere to a routine HVAC maintenance schedule. When you have maintenance performed semi-annually, you can extend the life of your system. You can also make sure your system is ready to handle summertime and wintertime here in Carrollton.
There are many reasons why we promote HVAC maintenance, but there are some that stand out more than others. We’ve come up with our top 7 reasons why you should stick to a routine HVAC maintenance schedule.
Why You Should Schedule Routine HVAC Maintenance
- It Brings Peace of Mind. When your schedule routine maintenance before summer and winter, you can rest easy. You won’t have to worry about your system breaking down in the heat of the summer or on a cold winter’s day.
- It Improves Indoor Air Quality. Routine HVAC maintenance can also improve your home’s IAQ (indoor air quality).
As air moves through your system, it can gather loose dirt, particles and allergens that your filter doesn’t catch. These particles can enter your home, which will reduce the air quality. The most common indoor pollutants include: Bacteria, Dust & Dirt, Pet Dander, Pollen, Mold & Mildew. During your routine maintenance appointment, we’ll make sure your air filter is properly cleaning the air.
Reasons for HVAC Maintenance
- It Extends HVAC Lifespan. Routine HVAC maintenance can slow the aging process of your heating and cooling system. With maintenance, your HVAC’s parts will move freely and air can easily move through the entire system. This causes much less wear and tear on your system, and it’ll last longer.
- It Improves HVAC Safety. When homeowners ignore routine maintenance, their HVAC systems can become safety hazards. During a maintenance appointment, your technician will make sure that your system continues to be safe to operate.
- It Saves on Repairs. During a maintenance appointment, your HVAC technician will assess your system and identify any current/potential issues. Catching and fixing issues early will save you a lot of money on repairs.
- It Saves on Bills. Healthy HVAC systems use less energy because they don’t have to work as hard to heat or cool your home. During your maintenance appointment, we will do several things to ensure your system is operating efficiently. We will:
- Test your system’s airflow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Examine the ducts for leaks, etc.
- Test the system’s controls
- Clean and/or change the air filter
- Tighten any loose connections
- Test the thermostat calibration
- You Can Remain Comfortable. Finally, poorly maintained HVAC systems simply don’t work as well as systems that are well looked after. They have a difficult time maintaining proper temperatures and humidity levels. By having your system routinely serviced, we can ensure your system is able to keep you and your family comfortable.
Call Maxwell Heating & Cooling Today
Contact Maxwell Heating & Cooling and schedule a routine maintenance appointment with one of our experienced technicians. You can rely on us to keep your system running smoothly and efficiently. Call Today!