2016 Tax Credits
Purchasing a high-efficiency air conditioning and heating equipment will go a long way in giving you the value for your money. However, considering the available rebates and tax credits, purchasing a heater or air conditioner does not have to be expensive. This is where Federal tax credits come in to help you save on new air conditioning and heating equipment and also qualifying heat pumps. We are your local choice for HVAC system tax credits in Carrollton, GA, and also the surrounding areas.
HVAC System Tax Credits
- Federal tax credit period extension and expiry
- The 2015 consolidated appropriations act retroactively renewed the tax credit that expired late 2014. The renewed tax credit was effective from 1st January also through December 31, 2016.
- Equipment that qualifies
- Not all heating, ventilation air conditioning systems qualify for tax credits. However, qualified types of equipment that were installed in 2015 or 2016 are eligible. These include, but not limited to, high-efficiency furnaces, water heaters, building insulation, roofs, windows, qualifying heat pumps, and boilers. The equipment must meet all performance specifications too. For example, a tax credit qualifying split air source heat pump must have a stated performance rating of 12.5 EER and 15 SEER.
- The maximum amount credit tax can offer
- An eligible homeowner can receive a maximum of $500 tax credits for home improvement. This does not apply to a taxpayer who has already claimed this amount from improvements made in the previous year.
For energy efficiency improvements, tax payers can access these tax credits affordably.
Contact Us to See What HVAC System Qualifies
Contact Maxwell Heating and Cooling and they can help explain all of the available tax credits you can receive.